Friday 10 June 2011

Hunter rain boots - travelling to and from the office

It has been raining heavily a few times over the Sydney Winter, and I've taken it as my chance to get some wear out of my designer gumboots.  I wore my Hunter rain boots to work, and while they were sitting on the floor of my cubicle a lot of people commented about them.  It seems they are making their fashion debut in Sydney, being stocked in Myer (and being sold for god knows what).

I bought mine from Shopbop just before I went over to New York for some snowy weather.  I literally googled "what shoes do fashionable people in New York wear in the snow?".  They were great in the snow, especially when it miraculously turned into this slushie slurpee type substance that formed puddles so big they were impossible to jump over.

Hunter Boots Original $122.87 in Black

I had two main concerns when I bought them.  The first one is the calf.  The calf measurement is actually quite tight, and as you guys know, I am not the skinniest girl in the office.  The calf circumference measures 15.5" and my 16" calf is about the biggest you can squeeze into these boots.  This will probably fit most people, but not all, and it's important to note that they DO NOT stretch.... trust me, I tried to stick everything in them overnight and hope for the best, to no avail.  The tight calf is actually what makes these boots some of the most attractive gumboots on the market.  

Luckily for us fat legged people, Hunter also makes short boots which don't need to accommodate your calves, and the "Huntress" which has a much larger calf.  Note that these versions are a lot harder to find in Australia, shopbop and other companies that ship to Australia. 

Original Short in Aubergine

Huntress in Aubergine

Hunter also makes some slightly more stylized boots, and some cute accessories to keep you warm and dry.

Regent Motcomb in Navy

Hunter & Jimmy Choo

Regent Savoy in Red

Leopard Print Cuffs

My second main concern was what the hell would I wear them with??  Being a non-pants person, I particularly wanted to explore the possibility of wearing them with a dress.  To my delight, they look quite cute with a dress. 


Rachel Bilson

Well then... if Oprah likes them...




As my dear friend likes to say... its an investment piece, I need to buy them!

1 comment:

  1. i wany some of them boots!!!!!!!! dont no where to get them............

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.