Tuesday 21 June 2011

On trend: Spring 2011

Spring 2011 Fashion is upon us.  I hate the idea that women who gush about clothes in the office are seen differently than those who don't.  I dislike that being fashionable can give a certain reputation to a woman.  However, it's season trends like the ones below that make me realise why those who don't follow fashion, can sometimes think we are horribly naive for following trends.  Some of these trends are not office appropriate, or even appropriate for wearing outside.

Sheer Maxi Dress


The sheer maxi dress is in.  How? I don't know...  Do not try this without carefully planning what you're wearing underneath.  Avoid wearing this to work, a little bit of sheer is nice for the workplace, maxi sheer is not.  Anyone who successfully pulls off this look should send me a photo!

If only I was as pleased  with this trend as the guy behind you.

Sportsgirl $129.95

D&G Sheer Maxi Dress

Did men decide this was a good trend??

Lace


Lace is very feminine and definitely do-able for the office.  Just keep your hemlines in check and keep your breasts and back covered.  Black lace on nude is too bedroom for the office, so stick to other colour combinations for the best look.


Forever New Lace Dress $89.99

Review Eva Dress $279.95

Add lace stockings for a more subtle look

Tassels

Fashion waits for no woman.  I'm not really a fan of tassels yet, but don't worry, in a few months maybe I'll be head over heels in tassels??  Maybe??  Tassels always remind me of those things Burlesque dancers put on their nipples.  

These look alright

Tasty AND Tittilating

Oroton Serene Satchel $595.00

Tail hems

Tail hems is just the fancy name for clothes that are longer at the back, like a mullet for your clothes.  We all thought they would go away with the end of the trashy summer,  but alas, they are back for a new season.   I personally think they are just a way of having your skirt as short as possible in the front, while still being able to sit down.  However, I have seen some beautiful designs I would be willing to embrace.  I can totally imagine this cut in the window of Cue this season.




In bigger news the Oroton Outlet sale is on for a week starting tomorrow.  Click below for a sneek preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.