Sunday 3 July 2011

Dressing for your shape and size

My biggest pet peeve is people who don't dress for their size and shape.  I never subject people to seeing my fat legs in short shorts or my tuckshop arms in spaghetti straps.  Look in the mirror and think about other people for once!  No one needs to see your lumpy legs; wear a skirt, trousers or something a tad looser and longer.  No one needs to see your flabby belly, stop wearing tight tops and crop tops and invest in a normal shirt.

Being end of financial year, we have recently had our EOFY work function.  For any new starters, like myself, I thought I would share some age old wisdom about work functions.

1.  Dress for your shape.  Seriously, if everyone is going as skanky santa and you are thunder thighs then put on some leggings or a longer skirt.  Or how about volunteering to be the sleigh or something?  Not only does your outfit hurt my eyes, but it hurts other people's impressions of you.

2.  Be friendly, but not too friendly.  This especially applies to the older men who may work at your firm.

3. Remember that if you wouldn't want your grandma seeing you in it, you probably wouldn't want your workmates seeing you wearing it.

4. Have fun.  There is nothing worse than people who ruin the fun for everyone else.

5. Use other people's drunkenness to network with them.  They are more likely to talk to you about personal things without feeling like you are awkwardly trying too hard to be their friend.  I swear it's not manipulative...

6.  Take care of each other.  Next year you could be the one in need of a hand.

In other news,  I bought a beautiful 1920's style hat this weekend from Forever New for $39.95. It is similar to this one below, but in camel, and I am dying to wear it to high tea, or on a picnic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.