Thursday 28 April 2011

"Whoever said that money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop"

As a new graduate at work, I sometimes  feel like my manager is Blair Waldorf and I'm her doting minion.  I follow her around, she tells me to do things, I do her printing and I'm at her every beck and call.  It's gotten to the point where I'm subconsciously dressing like her, and I've started talking like her too.  This is how the corporate structure works, and this is the basis for my argument that Gossip Girl is educational for the corporate woman.


It's no secret that Blair Waldorf is one of my work-wear fashion icons.  Blair understands my fashion-sense and she epitomizes it, albeit in clothing that's worth more than a lifetime supply of Justin Bieber's hair.  

For a start, she understands how to wear a tie without accidentally looking like a lesbian (not that there's anything wrong with that).


She can wear a neck scarf without looking like a girl scout or a flight attendant. 



She knows how to dress classically, without looking old and frumpy


Best of all, she doesn't dress like Jenny Humphrey, which is a sure fire way to get fired and/or get invited to "after work drinks" in the "partner's bar". 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.