Saturday 30 April 2011

Fashion trends for the office

My mom and I went to a style session workshop today at Westfield Eastgardens.  It was basically a big advertisement for the retailers in the centre.

 I must admit that Donny Galella was quite entertaining though and he really catered to women who were uncomfortable with their bodies.  Check out some of the makeovers on his page, most are amazing!  Unfortunately, he turns one poor teenage boy into a gay teen idol and one of the women looked like a man to start with and their wasn't much he could do about that.

Anyway, the event inspired me to pick out some of the Autumn/Winter season trends I'd like to try at the office.

     Camel Trench Coat
Camel is big this season, and a trench coat is the perfect way to warm up in the Autumn/Winter weather. I love this trench because it is so feminine and flirty. It's also relatively timeless. The one below is a pretty good price for a coat.

ASOS Pleated Skirt Mac $117.16 at ASOS.com


    Pussy Bow Blouse
The pussy bow blouse is in this season. Whoever thought of that name needs to re-think the whole idea. Wiktionary defines the word as "A large, floppy bow on an item of clothing." That doesn't make the phrase sound any more elegant. The one below is so expensive, but it's from the same fashion house as Kate Middleton's royal wedding dress. I can always think of an excuse to back up any purchase.

Alexander McQueen Houndstooth pussy-bow blouse approx $515 at Net-a-porter.com


     Nude Heels
Nude heels were all the rage at the royal wedding. They elongate the legs. Who doesn't want longer legs? The Tony Bianco shoes below are well-priced and I always find their shoes amazingly comfy.

Tony Bianco Jan $139.95 from tonybianco.com.au




   Maxi Skirts
Maxi Skirts are in, the maxi dress is out. I must admit that this nearly $500 skirt looks like it was picked up from St Vincent de Paul, so it's probably not worth the price. It's adorable though. I guess I'll be at Vinnie's tomorrow sorting through old clothes.

Shakuhachi Pleats Please Maxi Skirt $484.11 at ASOS.com

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.