Thursday 5 May 2011

90s Fashion Nostalgia

When you start working in the corporate world, it often triggers nostalgia for the good old days when you didn't give a care about anything.  A child, who wasn't "fat" and didn't have to worry about their impending credit card debt doom.  If only I still felt as careless as when I was a child.

Alas, things will never be that simple again.  But I can still enjoy a little nostalgia by trying to incorporate the 90's into my wardrobe.


     Jelly Sandals


If you didn't have jelly sandals, you weren't cool.   The really cool people had glitter inside the jelly.  Nowadays, I doubt anybody would let me wear these to the office.  Instead I have to settle for brightly coloured heels.


Chinese Laundry New Love- Patent $64.00


     Baby G watch


Baby G watches were all the rage at some point. I begged my parents to get me one, a pink one, with the little  guy who dances when you press the button. Alas, I left it somewhere one day (still to this day, I am concerned that I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on).  These days, the closest I'm getting to a Baby G in the office is a brightly coloured watch.


Lacoste Rio Watch $195.00


     Chokers


These fake tattoo chokers were disgusting. I can't believe how amazing I thought they looked, and the fact that I wore one every day for quite a considerable period of my life.  I no longer particularly like chokers, but I do love Mimco's range of short necklaces. Mmmm.. Mimco.


Mimco Dandy Bow Neck $249.00


     Cargo Pants


Cargo pants were everywhere in the 90's. They were flattering then, and they aren't flattering now.  More recently, celebrities have brought back cargo pants in "skinny" style.


Loft Silk Cargo Pants $90.00


     Scrunchies


Seriously, if these ever come back in, I will personally remove them from everyone who wears one.



Now for a game of - You Nostalgia, you lose















4 comments:

  1. I love this blog. I came across it while looking for stockists of jelly sandals... Apparently they're back, or perhaps I'm moving backwards in the fashion trends. Either way, this gave me a laugh as I went through all of those phases. I still have my Polly Pockets. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes me to.. found this blog while looking for jelly sandals. i think i wore all of these fads, haha. i really want some jelly sandals!

      Delete
    2. me too!!!! i just got back from tahiti a week or so ago and everyone wore them there (little kids, teenagers, old men, everyone). i bought a few pairs while i was there because they sell them everywhere. but now i'm kicking myself for not buying more. does anyone know where i can find some?

      Delete
  2. I was feeling rather nostalgic lately and I am so glad I ran into this. This reminds me of being a kid and being spoiled by mom and dad, not giving a care for the world because we didn't have to worry about money or jobs. I also still have my Polly Pockets somewhere! I had a Beauty and the Beast one and an Aladdin one, too! The good ol' days of being a kid

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.