Tuesday 3 May 2011

Top 5 Popular Chainstores for Corporate Fashion

I have issues with pretty much every Corporate Fashion chainstore in Australia, yet I also continue to shop at  nearly all of them.  The lack of inspiration and variety in Sydney is just a joke, but that doesn't stop me racking up huge credit card bills.

Here are the current season chainstore styles I like, alongside all the reasons I secretly hate the stores.

     5. Witchery


Witchery is the most neutral coloured clothing store I've ever seen.  Everything is grey, black or some kind of cream, I feel like a colour-blind dog when I walk into the store.  The clothes are pretty unimaginative, or you could call it conservative.  The staff at my local store are snobby and don't serve me.  Just for a laugh, why not buy their $600 leggings?  Not that the clothes are overpriced or anything.

Peplum Ribbed Cardigan $149.95

Frill Detail Bib Shirt $129.95

Pleat Sleeve V Neck Dress $249.95

    4. Country Road


I thought Country Road and Witchery were the same store for a while.  The clothes at CR are pretty plain.  They are handy for a basic cardigan or knit, but getting past that, the clothes are all just.. boring.


Tuck Sleeve Dress $199.00
I swear everything in Sydney has these little puffy sleeves at the moment.
How can I look "stylish" when everybody and their dog is wearing puffy sleeves?

Zip Detail Pant $129.00

Tweed Jersey Dress $99.00
90% of the things at Witchery are made of jersey. Me and jersey are not friends.  Imagine trying to squeeze an elephant into a bathing suit, this is what jersey looks like on me.

    3. Veronika Maine

Veronika Maine is the older, more expensive sister of Cue.  The only real difference is that when you go to Cue the sales assistants all jump on you and ask a million question but when you go to VM the sales assistants all ignore you unless you look like money.  

Camel Wide Leg Pant $215.00

Nude Cotton Lace Dress $179.00
This is lovely, but is it too short for work?
The rule is: If you have to ask, then it's too short.

    2. Review


The whole review store is beautiful.  When I enter the store, I feel like a princess.  Then I look at the price tags and I realise I am a pauper waiting at the palace gates to get a glimpse of the princess's butler's dog's cousin.

Ava Dress $299.95

Liberty Jacket $299.95

Sculptured Ponti Dress $229.95 

     1. Cue
I am sure you all know my gripes with Cue - overpriced, sometimes weird, everyone wearing the same clothes and the clothes falling apart.  It still remains my favourite work store.  With a captive market like us, why would they bother improving their quality and lowering their prices?

Silk Blouse $229.00
Coat $325.00, Dress $329.00

Silk Top $189.00


Where else should I be shopping?

2 comments:

  1. Jessie-K, you need to have a look at Satch Clothing!! http://www.satch.com.au/

    Except it's quite pricey! :(

    - Blair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.