Tuesday 31 May 2011

Faux Pas


A faux pas is defined by Wikipedia as "a slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct; an embarrassing social blunder or indiscretion."  As quick as I am to avoid fashion faux pas, I often accidentally commit social suicide when I violate the social norms and cross into social faux pas territory.

One of my biggest flaws is that I am horrible with names.  If I don't have you on Facebook, and your name is not written near your face somewhere, it is very likely that I won't remember your name.  In fact, when you say "Hi my name is Blah", by the time I say ,"nice to meet you", I have no idea what you said your name was.  You could introduce yourself numerous times with different names and it would take me a while to cotton on. 

At my current workplace I have incorrectly accused someone of being a PA, not that there's anything wrong with that, but the person in question was a manager more senior than myself.  Just today I asked someone if we had met before, despite the fact we have actually had an entire conversation before.  I swear I am just not good with names and faces.  


At least I profusely apologise for my social faux pas.  Nobody ever apologises when they commit a fashion faux pas.  If you commit the below offences, there's no one you can apologise to enough to make it okay.

Shrimp Cocktail Toes
This occurs where your open-toed shoes are too small, and your toes hang over them like a shrimp cocktail.






Canadian Tuxedo
Also known as the denim sandwich, or denim on denim.




Track suits on fat people
Please don't dress like you're going to the gym when you haven't seen one in years.



Leggings as pants
Leggings are not pants. 



Also tights are not leggings.


Jeggings have no place in the world



Side boob
Especially droopy side boob, I'm sorry gravity has caught up with you.  Not even the men want to see that.



What are your most hated fashion faux-pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.