Saturday 21 May 2011

Corporate Fashion: Geek Chic

So according to Westfield, Geek is Chic at the moment.  Having been somewhere between the definition of geek and nerd my entire life, I'm hoping that being me might become popular at some point this season.  Aren't we all a little bit geek nowadays, LOL-ing in the office and facebooking our locations?

As far as I can tell the whole Geek Chic movement centres around wearing thick rimmed glasses.  It also involves fully buttoned-up shirts, checkered patterns and anything related to things geeks like, such as pac-man. 

Since being pretty is the most important thing in the corporate world, followed by being intelligent, I think that Geek Chic is definitely a look to pull off in the office.  Looking smart and sexy at the same time is the name of the game.

The Glasses

Anne Hathaway

Justin Bieber

Jennifer Aniston

Socks and Heels





Buttoned Up Shirts




Geek Accessories




In other news: The rapture appears to be running late.  There is no zombie apocalypse, and I will have to pay my credit card bill after all.  Twitter reports suggest New Zealand has escaped without harm.  My looting plans have not come to fruition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This blog is about me, the Cubicle Fashionista, giving my view about fashion trends for the office, what to wear to work, how to incorporate fashion into your office wardrobe and how to avoid fashion faux pas in the corporate world. The blog focuses mainly on corporate fashion from a female perspective, over-achieving fashion-conscious women and the people they work with.